Lessons & More
Stan's Music World Instrument Lease FAQ
1. How long do I need to lease my instrument?
We allow renters to lease for as long as they want on a month to month basis, no minimum amount of time. Turn in your rental anytime.
2. How much of the lease payment applies towards the purchase of the instrument?
100% of the lease payment accrues as a discount off of the purchase of the instrument for full size string instruments and band instruments for 24 payments. No more discounts after 24 months, but you may continue to rent.
3. What is the total cost of the instrument?
The price of the instrument depends on which instrument you are leasing and whether it is used or new. Prices can range from $150.00 to $3200.00
4. Is there a discount to the price if you choose to pay it off early?
We periodically run promotionals that benefit our renters if they pay off their account early. These promotions are sent out via emails and mailed letters.
5. Can we upgrade our instrument after we start to rent?
You can apply the accrued payments you have made as a discount off of the manufacturer's suggested retail price of a nicer instrument of the same type of instrument as your rented instrument. An example would be a trumpet player can use the discount off of a nicer trumpet, or a tenor saxophone player can use the discount off of another tenor saxophone(but not an alto saxophone).
6. Is there a cost when switching sizes on string instruments?
No not to switch to another size of small instrument unless it is to a full size instrument. The lease rate on full size instruments is higher than small size instruments.
7. Do you have a specialist who repairs each type of instrument?
Yes. We specialize in repairing all types of instruments keeping them playing to their best. We encourage our renters to bring in their instruments for our technicians to give periodic tune ups and cleanings at least once every six months.
8. Are the repairs completed on site or are they sent away?
We can repair woodwind and brasswind instruments on site. Minor repairs (string change, or setting soundpost/bridge) to string instruments can be done on site, but serious repairs (broken necks, cracked tops, broken bridges) must be sent to our specialty string repairperson's shop.
9. Can you guarantee a one week turn around for repairs?
Some repairs are done same day. If a major repair, repair may take up to a week.
10. Do you offer loaner instruments to use while the leased instrument is being repaired?
Yes, if you are covered by SIMPLE REPAIR..
11. Are the instruments insured under the lease plan?
If the instrument is lost/stolen or damaged beyond repair, you are responsible for a replacement fee to close your account. The amount of the replacement fee is specified in your lease contract.
12. What does the SIMPLE REPAIR plan cover?
All simple repairs necessary to keep the instrument in playing condition.
13. How do I pay for the lease?
You can make your payments through Autopay, by putting a credit card or debit card on file. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express.
Please call Stan's Music World with any questions Mon-Fri 10:00am to 6:00pm est. or Saturdays 10:00am to 5:00pm
Copyright 2018. Stan's Music World. All rights reserved